Monday, June 21, 2010

busy friday

FRIDAY was the last time starbucks was going to spread some love to its hometown by giving away free tickets every friday after 2pm to seattle starbucks. of course, being in hawaii made me miss free tix to mariners games and SIFF =( then i also forgot about SAM (Seattle Art Museum) tix the friday after i returned..

BUT I was able to score free tix to the aquarium & a broadway production of hardcore ballroom dancing (burn the floor)! downside to the tix that i got: aquarium tix are for youth up to ages 12 and the broadway show is playing in september-- i'm moving end of august.

i feel like this blog is hating me already!! but although starbucks may hate me, doesn't mean seattle hates me. besides, i think starbucks is just trying to redeem themselves here since they took away our super sonics..

although i didn't have free tix to the mariners game, i went on friday w/ my sis and some friends. my dad told me i was wasting monies on the mariners since they would lose again but ALAS!! mariners scored a home run and won one for me that day! it was also my sister's first baseball game ever so i'm glad we won for her too. =) i didn't score a double-headed bobblehead that night (would've been the ultimate - griffey & ichicro!) but at least i got to see what it was.. my sister and i were 10 mins too late since her directions to chinatown led me straight into pike place instead. this is also the last time i will entrust her with directions.

as for food on friday: i began my day with a croissant at west seattle's bakery nouveau and ended it with chocolate mousse at capitol hill's dilettante cafe. i wouldn't have had it any other way =)

No comments:

Post a Comment