Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day 2: 7.22.09

CARBOHYDRATE CRASH

This morning I awoke in a sweat to the sound of a baby crying. the sweat because the sun had already come out for the day and the attic room I slept in got pretty hot. The sound of the baby crying was because of the daycare run downstairs by ms. Tran. This morning as I was getting ready i was followed by a little 1 and 2 year old both who only understand Vietnamese but are so adorable!!! I pretty much won them over by playing peek a boo.. works every time =) Then I met Russell from the Pixar movie up... his real name is Brandon though but I keep calling him Russell hehe.

Something that kind of sucks is that after talking to my mom this morning I found out my bag form Matt and Nat arrived yesterday after I left so I coudn't take it to Cali with me. Also, my old passport was returned and arrived in the mail yesterday as well which my dad opened up. Not that him opening it is going to affect anything but it just really bothers me that he opened my mail... grr. Anyhoos, back to Cali.

For lunch I had carne asada fries with a friend who spontaneously moved down to san Diego after graduation last year. Then we just hung out at his apt in La Jolla and played guitar and watched some British show about cars which I found pretty entertaining despite the fact that I don't know much about cars. I ended up taking a nap on his couch while he slept in his room and his roommate's friend slept on the other couch. It was pretty much a lazy day since it was kind of hot. Today was hotter than what I expected but at least it was bearable. Just that all the carbs and heat made us all sleepy. After waking up we went to Ralph’s (aka Safeway but nicer) and got soft serve ice cream at Golden Spoon which is like those "froyo" places but less healthy since its not yogurt its soft serve.

When I got back to the Tran house in Mission Valley I found Russell just chillin outside eating his dinner while leaning against a car in front the house. I asked him why he was eating outside by himself and he tells me that its because he sees himself as an outdoors type of guy. Too cute! I hope I can pinch his cheeks before I leave =) He's a peculiar little guy. Lorrie (who I last saw as a toddler and is now 13) and Kelly scolded him for wearing short shorts and a tank top but he defended himself saying that she wears short shorts lol. but you're a boy she tells him and all he can say is well its hot. Hahah I could just listen to him talk all day.

It wasn't an action-packed day but this is what being on vacation is all about right? Tomorrow we got a big day lined up for Valencia’s Six Flags. =) Hopefully I’ll be able to sleep earlier today than last night...

Note to self: I can probably only handle 1/4 a to-go box of carne asada fries since half a box plus a soft serve ice cream is all I needed to keep my tummy full for the whole day.

No comments:

Post a Comment